Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 7: Govenor Clement Shelter to Inn at the Long Trail

Govenor Clement Shelter to Inn at the Long Trail - 10.6 miles

I woke JP and Mango up at 5:30 am to make sunrise on Killiington. Cool, crisp morning and JP was leading the way, which meant that I wasn't on cobweb patrol. Morning hiking does have it's benefits but unfortunately, the early bird collects all the spider and caterpillar webs. Fifteen mins. into the hike, JP turns around and announced that he had figured out my plan...darn.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The climb up Killington was slightly rooty and rocky but I absolutely love the cool alpine air and pinene smell. I arrived at the Cooper shelter at 8 am soaked in clouds...no views until it burned off. JP and Mango decided to wait but I didn't. I couldn't wait to be reunited with friends at the Inn at the Long Trail so I headed down at a brisk pace.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I made it to the road by 10:30 am and called Storm. Ten mins later I was riding to Rutland courtesy of Persistent for food and resupply. I bought watermelon, nectarines, and bananas. Luckily, I had a mail-drop waiting for me at the Inn - thanks, Katchup .

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Laundry done and showered, I'm now about to take a nap after consuming too many liquid and solid carbs.

What a day! Rocket should be here soon.

My feet hurt.

No more big mileage days!!! Finally, I feel like I might be on vacation!

 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment