Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 2: Seth Warner Shelter to Goodard Shelter

Seth Warner Shelter to Goodard Shelter - 21.6

First day gitters I'll admit.

Near Harmon Hill a french-speaking family going in the opposite direction asked me if they had reached Harmon Hill. I hadn't reached Harmon Hill yet so I was immediately confused. I thought to myself, "didn't you pass it to get here?". The gentleman then asked me if there were more climbs behind me. I replied yes and they headed southward and I, northward. Soon I came to the summit of Harmon Hill. Still confused over that one.



I met two sisters hiking the LT with their canine companions. ATTN: CARI, it's never too late to plan a hike together.



The hike itself today was long and bittersweet. I do have a small blister on my left foot pad area which I will doctor up and pay special attention to. I spent most of the day in my head reliving the 09 hike as I passed things that would trigger a memory. The trail will always be here but those individuals that made it so memorable are not. I miss my 09 trail family!

I have met a lot of interesting hikers going sobo, nobo, or even hiking the LT like myself. Even a retired chemistry professor of 32 yrs from John Hopkins is hiking nobo and goes by the trailname, professor. I can't escape chemistry!

Plenty of birds, lizards, and frogs on trail today. Luckily, I didn't see a bear. The song, "it always feels like someone is watching me" kept playing over and over again in my mind especially around areas with thick underbrush.



Feeling tired, which is a good thing. Haven't felt this genuinely tired since trail. It's a natural mellowing agent for me...kinda like ketchup (APHC reference).


Smells like someone is building a fire near my tent. Better go see what that's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment