Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 6: Little Rock Pond to Govenor Clement Shelter

Little Rock Pond to Govenor Clement Shelter - 19.5 miles

Stretching it out! I made an effort today to stretch my legs at 5 mile intervals to reduce the shin pain I suffered yesterday. During the last three miles I even wore my calf sleeves.

Woke up and on trail by 6:30ish. I enjoy the coolness and peace of hiking out so early BUT the collection of spider and caterpillar webbing over my body and gear does get old. Oh well. I thought I might actually see a moose this morning but I didn't. I did revisit the mysterious rock sculptures near White Rocks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I met several AT NOBO hikers today. I was invited to have a sundae at the Whistlestop cafe by Waterbug but I decided against it due to mileage.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Later at Clarendon Shelter, I met an AT hiker named JP (Jelly Pants) and a LT hiker named Mango. They invited me to get a soda at an upcoming road crossing. I told them that I'd make my decision within the three miles.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My decision was made when we arrived at the road and saw an older gentleman named Santa's Helper with a van full of snacks and sodas. TRAIL MAGIC. Took a break and then headed the 3 miles to the shelter.



I met a SOBO AT hiker from Boone named Mike.I can't remember his trailname...foot something.   Nice stream by the shelter where I soaked my legs and feet. They done me proud today!!!!!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Campfire and bluegrass music compliments of JP and now I'm headed to bed at 9 pm (hiker midnight).

Killington and Diva Reunion tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment