Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 5: Green Mountain House Hostel to Little Rock Pond Shelter

Green Mountain House Hostel to Little Rock Pond Shelter - 19.7 miles

Damage control day with a twist.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Jeff wished us well after dropping us off at the trailhead around 8am. I headed up Bromley Mtn with bandaged feet. I was careful how I walked today because I didn't want to make the blisters worse, which may have led to the twist around mile 17. My right lower shin area started to really really hurt, which has NEVER happened before.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Stopped at Little Rock Pond tonight and soaked my legs/feet for an hour in the pond. Beautiful site. Hopefully my leg will be ready to go tomorrow.



Other than that twist, hiking wasn't bad today. Cool, breezy weather. I went up and over Bromley Mtn, Styles Peak, Peru Peak, and Baker Peak then dropped 2,000 ft to the land of the mosquitoes.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Camped here with a lot of people including two NOBO AT hikers named M &M. I just met them yesterday but I feel like I've known them forever.   A former caretaker is celebrating his birthday here with a fire and a ukulele. Amazing to hear sublime's and adele's songs played to one of those.

Last big mileage day tomorrow. Feet please don't fail me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment