Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 11: Sucker Brook Shelter to Cooley Glen Shelter

Sucker Brook Shelter to Cooley Glen Shelter - 17.1 miles

Today's theme is thankfulness.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm thankful that I'm not at work and that I out enjoying Vermont's beautiful mountains.
I'm thankful for the three hour downpour last night that provided PLENTY of water along the trail today.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to hear a moose call even though I have only seen moose scat.

I'm thankful for being ALIVE after getting caught in a wicked thunderstorm that produced hail, eye-level lightening and deafening thunder while I hiked up and down Mt Wilson, Mt Cleveland, and an unnamed mountain wearing compression shorts and a t-shirt.

I'm thankful that we are ALL alive for that matter.

I'm thankful that the storm provided the motivation to get me up and over the last three climbs of the day with a distance of 5.7 miles in 1 hour and 55 minutes. Wow.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm thankful that the only real overlook today occurred as the storm was thundering overhead which prevented me from lingering too long.

I'm thankful for not being attacked by a pit bull named Maverick when I was headed to Boyce Shelter for lunch. His owner claimed he was friendly. Montreal and Whitetail strongly disagree with the owner's idea of friendly.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm super thankful for warm dinners, foot powder, dry clothes, and a warm sleeping bag and bag liner.
Finally, I'm thankful that I will be headed into town tomorrow.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

What a day! Bob the sponge (Montreal reference) really relinquished his hold on all the water on the trail in the past 24 hours.

The divas are tented here with a huge crowd that consists of a SOBO LT hiker, Montreal, Whitetail, Titanium, and a group of boy scouts.

Said goodbye to Mango today at Middlebury Gap. Maybe she will catch up to us...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment