Friday, July 29, 2011

Redistribution of Weight so to Speak...

I find that hiking, in and of itself, can be quite relaxing, challenging, motivating, inspiring, and organic. Thru hiking or long-distance hiking, however, can come with some additional selfish qualities. Taking extensive time off from “normal” life to do something that is entirely about oneself can be costly. My family and friends, even the four-legged variety, can become burdened with the weight of worry and fear, loneliness, and additional responsibilities in my absence.
With this in mind, I want to take a moment to thank my family and friends for tolerating my passion for long distance hiking.

I appreciate you everyday.

I hope this journal will reduce some of that additional weight that you have been burdened with for the next three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment